A WEST Tamworth mother watched on in horror as her house went up in flames yesterday afternoon.
Renae Stacy was visiting a friend near her Green St home when the suspected arson attack occurred about 2.30pm.
When another friend raised the alarm, the mother-of-five raced back to her rental home of two years only to find the front part of the house completely engulfed and smoke billowing into the air.
“I’ve lost everything in there,” a distraught Ms Stacy told The Leader.
It follows a shocking weekend which left a South Tamworth family-of-six reeling after a blaze tore through their Doonba St rental home on Easter Saturday.
Tanielle Cutmore, her partner Raymond Berry and their four children – aged 11 to 16 – were staying with relatives in Sydney when the suspicious fire ripped through the premises, destroying everything inside.
In yesterday’s blaze, 10 firefighters were despatched to the scene and quickly contained the fire.
“When we arrived the front half of the house was well alight,” Fire and Rescue NSW Inspector Grant O’Regan said.
“We moved quickly ... to contain the fire to half of the house, and fortunately saved the rest of the premises, which only suffered smoke and water damage.”
No one was home at the time of the fire.
Two young suspects were taken in for questioning, but as of late yesterday no formal arrests had been made. Both fires are seen as “suspicious”.